Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sunshine!!

Spring isn't for 5 weeks or so, but it sure felt like it today.  I felt it my obligation to get the boys out to run around silly.  My favorite place to go is our local zoo.  In all honesty, I like it the best for several reasons.

First I majored in zoology, and really wanted to be a zoo keeper when I grew up.  I was a zoo keeper for a little while in fact.  They hired me as a temp for one whole month.  It was pretty great, but my kids are way better.

Secondly and more importantly, you have to pay to get in, which makes it slightly exclusive.  It has all the playground and running trails without all the unruly tweens and teens (and other questionable characters) hanging around the local parks.  Call me a snob or say I shelter them, but there are somethings I'd rather not explain to a 5 and 3 year old.  Safety is important to me.  Additionally, if you lose a kid at the zoo they call the code, and the whole staff is looking for them.  That does not happen at the park.

Thirdly, even though you have to pay it is affordable.  For an acceptable membership fee you get admission to the zoo as many times as you want for the year.  You could go every single day if you wanted.  After my first was born, we nearly did go every single day.

Now before we all get upset, I do take my kids to normal city playgrounds from time to time.  They just aren't my favorite, and I have much more fun at the zoo.  Where else do they have bronze gorillas to climb on?

No comments:

Post a Comment