Sunday, February 20, 2011

Community Consignment Sales

If there is anything I love better than a consignment store, it's a community consignment sale.  Tomorrow begins one such sale at the Cleveland County Fairgrounds in Norman, OK.  Its the Just Between Friends Consignment Sale, and I am so there.  Hundreds of consignors bring up to 200 items each to one location.  Oh the possibilities at 30% retail (if they are priced right).



Racks and racks of clothing from preemie to tweenie, as well as maternity clothes.


Toys, toys, and more toys.


Lucky finds in furniture, if you get there before they are all gone.


And baby gear galore.  With 3 weeks and 6 days to due date, I'll be headed to that section first.

This sale has had a consistent place in our family's life.  I've been a loyal shopper, a consignor, and a volunteer.  Then at the Spring 2008 sale, as I was urgently searching for the perfect Boppy pillow, I found myself in early labor with our second son.  Our first son and I walked the aisles in search of my pillow and a toy or two for him with contractions 4 minutes apart.  Labor or no labor, I would not be deterred from getting that pillow nor my son his toys.  Even as I got to the cashier only to find that the tag on my beloved pillow was missing, and I had to go back to the table to find it in order to purchase the pillow.  Thankfully, it didn't take long to find the tag, and they let me at the front of the line when I was ready.  Of course, Little Brother didn't arrive until 40 hours later, but that is another story no one wants to hear.

If you are in the market for great quality slightly used kid items, this is definitely an economical and green option.  If you are close to your due date, please take a driver.

*Pictures care of the JBFsale Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment